Friday, May 10, 2013

August 2012 - May 2013

I've been very slack again.
Decided I'd better update the blog.

So what's been happening?

Well I got back from Europe, did nothing for a while then headed up to Boonah Qld. for the CMCA rally in October. I took the inland route through Gloucester and Walcha via Thunderbolts way. Sure are some interesting hills along there. I did have a little problem on one of the long steep climbs. As I came to a sharp bend and wanted to drop down a cog (from 2nd. High to 2nd. Low) I discovered I didn't have any clutch release. Pulled over and checked the fluid resevoir (in the dash) all good, no loss of fluid, Hmm! let it idle to cool down a bit as temp was pushing towards what I consider the upper limit. After a couple of mins. try again and now I have full pedal. Another mystery !. Proceed onwards and upwards and try to keep temp down as much as possible. Further on. same thing happened but this time I managed to get some movement by pumping the pedal, as soon as the engine temp drops a little all works perfectly. So it's temperature related, I guess some moisture in fluid that boils when exhaust manifold temp rises, as clutch line routes close to it.



So!  On to Boonah,
( Had some snow in Glen Innis so went to Caravan Park and had to buy a heater.)
where I bleed the clutch and catch up with some friend's I've made on the forum.

























Stopped here  on the way home (just because of the name)














Arrived back home,  Daughter and Granddaughter came to stay for a week.














Went up to Kendall for a weekend meet with some Forumites.



Janurary up to Coolah then down to Melbourne and Mornington Peninsular via Gunderoo,
Beechworth.



Back home Feb.  where I found these 2 guys had taken up residence out the front.












Spent March building new cover for my new trailer. When finished I decided the colour looked pretty good so decided to make the bus match.


 First the window frames and screens went from grey to black













Then I coloured in the rest blue





Weeks later and it's finished.

All that remains to do is a complete tidy-up inside (I reckon I can drop about 200Kg in stuff I have never used)
Then off again. Where to? Who knows?







No comments:

Post a Comment